Looking Back at 2014



I took the less trodden path in 2014. It was a year of looking at old things with new eyes and new things with old eyes; when I challenged my injured heart and bruised ego. It was a year when I refreshed history learned in school, about Cholas, Rajputs and Sikhs. 


 2014 was the year of 17 train journeys; to Ahmedabad and Falna, to Howrah and Murshidabad, to Sawantwadi and Nanded, to Chiplun and Chidamabaram; by familiar trains like Duronto and unfamiliar ones like Lalgola Passenger.

 
It was a year when I crossed Sabarmati and Bhagirathi, Narmada, Cauvery and Godavari and gazed at Aravalli and Sahyadri. 

It was a year of admiring and appreciating, Jain icons, Islamic Jalis, Sikh cupolas, Hindu Gopurams and Buddhist Pagoda. 

2014 was the year when I walked 12 kms in pouring rain to see the source of River Hiranyakeshi. It was the year of seeking meanings in obfuscating fogs, sparkling sunrises and frothy waterfalls.

And in terracotta temples, fortified bastions and decadent palaces.



2014 was the year when I slowed down and accepted myself.

Comments

Popular Posts