Looking Back at 2015




2015 was yet another year of rewarding travel. 


It was the year when I crossed out 2 more UNESCO World Heritage Sites from my bucket list – Sanchi Stupa and Bhimbetka Caves. 


It was the year when I kept my tryst with 2 historic battle sites – Plassey and Kohima.

It was the year when I fulfilled my longstanding wish of feasting on fall colours.

It was the year when I sought solace among the dead. 

It was the year when I crossed Bhagirathi and Brahmaputra.

It was the year when I visited the ancient capital of Pallavas and the upcoming capital of Andhra.

It was the year when I compared Bhopal’s Bada Talab with Shillong’s Umiam Lake. 

It was the year when I stepped on the soil of 2 states – Manipur and Nagaland - for the first time.


It was the year when I took time off from business trips to rekindle memories of Meenakshi Temple and Sabarmati Ashram. 

It was the year when I contemplated on the geometry of the Lotus Temple. 

It was the year when I trawled through 3 splendid museums.

It was the year when I revisited Mahabalipuram and Murshidabad. 

It was the year when I explored the mysteries of Ashwaklanta and Cossimbazar.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts