Beachcombing at Tarkarli




Last weekend I was at Tarkarli beach in Malvan, Maharashtra. Post-seminar de-stressing. As I walked on the white moist sand, a seashell caught my eye and I picked it up. It was shaped like an ice-cream cone with a corkscrew spiral running down its sides. A snail must have lived inside it, now perhaps inside a crow or a gull. As I put down the spiral shell, I saw yet another and then one more, and few more. There were scores of them in various lengths and multiple shades of brown.




Beachcombing became an obsession for the next one hour and I spotted shells and mantles in myriad shapes, colours and textures. I will let my photographs describe their beauty.



































































Suggested reading if you wish to know more about seashells:




Comments

  1. Loved the images you had shared on twitter!! The last one especially :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts